Please also read the King’s High School FAQs
An application for a place at King’s High School must be made on the official form available from our website here, or a printed copy is available from the school reception.
We warmly invite you to take a personal tour of the school with the Rector Mr Dan Reddiex. This is a great opportunity to ask questions and see how King's fulfils its vision of "Building Men for Life".
Bookings may be made through:
T: 03 455 7547 x 8892
Applications, together with all requisite documentation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, hand delivered or posted to:
King’s High School
270 Bay View Road
Please allow plenty of time if posting your application to ensure it arrives before the closing date.
Timeline of Important Dates:
- Open Night: Thursday 2nd August
- Closing Date for Enrolment: Thursday 16th August
- Ballot held - only if necessary (does not apply to Home-zone applicants): Thursday 23rd August
- Last Date for notification to parents: Thursday 30th August
- Last day for parents to accept Home-zone and Out of Zone placements: Thursday 6th September
A student is considered to be living in the Home-zone when the student currently (at those times when the school is open for instruction) has his place of residence at an address within the Home-zone and intends to remain within the zone. Click here to see what constitutes Home-zone and Out-of-zone.
If you live within the Home-zone, you have an absolute right of entry to King’s. Please complete the application form and return to the school along with the required documents as outlined in the Enrolment Checklist by the closing date for applications.
The Enrolment Officer will check your application and once your Home-zone eligibility is confirmed you will be contacted to arrange a time for you and your son to come to school and meet with the Rector and a senior staff member. This meeting is designed for us to get to know a little about your son, his strengths and interests.
The Board of Trustees is bound under the Education Act to ensure the selection of students for enrolment is fair and transparent and may conduct checks to confirm eligibility.
Please be sure to advise the school when a change of address occurs.
Out of Zone applications
Applications from outside the school Home-zone are prioritised as follows:
- First priority is given to an applicant who has a brother currently enrolled at King's
- Second priority is given to an applicant who has a brother who is a former King's student
- Third priority is given to an applicant whose father is a former King's student
- Fourth priority is given to an applicant who has a parent who is employed by King's or is a current board member
- Fifth priority is given to all other applicants.
In the unlikely event that the number of applicants exceed the number of available spaces then selection within the group must be by ballot. Below are the approximate dates for this year.
Ballot Held (only if necessary) - 23rd August
Last date for notification to parents - 30th August
Last day for parents to accept Home-zone and Out of zone place - 6th September
Successful applicants will be notified (via email) by the last date for notification and contacted shortly after to arrange a time to meet with the Rector.
Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified via email by the last notification date, however places may still be offered after this date and up to the beginning of the following academic year as Home-zone enrolments are confirmed. If your application is unsuccessful you may appeal the Board’s decision by asking the Ministry of Education to direct the Board of Trustees to enrol your son. Application forms are available from the Ministry’s local office.