- Plays a central role in learning and teaching at our school
- Nurtures and promotes a love of reading and appreciation of the written word, which bolsters imagination, creativity and success in all subjects
- Helps meet the needs of all learners including priority learners in their curriculum areas
- Empowers students and encourages them to develop into lifelong learners
- The library contributes in many varied ways to the school's goals of creating confident individuals, responsible citizens, successful learners and effective contributors
- Provides a space for personal growth, enjoyable extracurricular activities and a place of learning but also fun
- Is the hub of the school community at King’s
Please visit the library website here.
The Library Staff:
Ms Schaumann and Mrs Smith
The library is open from 8.30 am - 4.30pm Mon - Thurs. 8.30 - 3pm on Fridays.
BookGang and BookMafia
If you are an enthusiastic reader, The BookGang and BookMafia are a way for you to meet others with similar interests. We meet once a week in the Williams Room at the back of the library. BookGang and BookMafia see the new books first, they sometimes have events and being part of this group is a way of eventually becoming part of our fantastic student librarian crew.
Every year we have a crew of 20 yr 12 and 13 students who run the Issues Desk during interval and lunchtimes. They help with shelving and many other tasks. They are a vital cog in the running of the library.
Games Club @ the library
The library owns an extensive collection of board games and card games of many kinds. Everything from Unstable Unicorns and Exploding Kittens, to Catan and Warhammer. We try new games all the time and students often bring their own. You can join the Games Club but just turning up after school on the advertised day. New people are always welcomed and the club is run by senior students.