- Plays a central role in learning and teaching at our school
- Nurtures and promotes a love of reading and appreciation of the written word, which bolsters imagination, creativity and success in all subjects
- Helps meet the needs of all learners including priority learners in their curriculum areas
- Empowers students and encourages them to develop into lifelong learners
- The library contributes in many varied ways to the school's goals of creating confident individuals, responsible citizens, successful learners and effective contributors
- Provides a space for personal growth, enjoyable extracurricular activities and a place of learning but also fun
- Is the hub of the school community at King’s
Please visit the library website here.
The Library Staff:
The library is open from 8.10 am - 4.00pm Monday - Friday.
If you are an enthusiastic reader, The BookGang is a way for you to meet others with similar interests. We meet once a week in L1, beside the library. BookGang see the new books first, they sometimes have events and being part of this group is a way of eventually becoming part of our fantastic student librarian crew.
Every year we have a crew of 20 senior students who run the Issues Desk during interval and lunchtimes. They help with shelving and many other tasks. They are a vital cog in the running of the library.